Monday, March 19, 2012

Reclaiming the Life God Gave Us!

One thing I never mentioned about the cognitive therapy program (Brain Balance) Kiir is going through is that he cannot watch TV, movies, videos of any sort (yes, this includes YouTube), or play video games until he completes the program. They are working on making his frontal lobe stronger and media usage such as that takes away from the progress.

Therefore, we have had a lot of downtime in our household. As hard as it is to admit, this was not easy taking the TV completely away. I do like a couple of shows and was disappointed by this rule. However, God has done an amazing job (as always) of pointing out where I can spend my time more wisely! We are sitting at the dinner table every single night for dinner. And when everyone is done eating, we just sit there talking for a while. Who would have thought TV was getting in the way of family bonding?! :D

We have cleaned out an entire room and gotten rid of 3 car-loads full of stuff to make room for our second adoption! We have played games....you remember....the kind you used to play with cousins growing up but haven't played since you were a kid kind of games! We have talked about our futures. Our dogs are taken on walks now almost daily. We've tried new adventures. We have laughed, sometimes until our stomachs hurt!
 
 Conversations have gotten deeper. I'm going to bed at a decent hour. I have more time for prayer, reading, studying His Word! 

Who would have thought...

So when this program comes to an end in early June, I don't know if I'll want to let TV back into our lives.

I kind of like the time we have reclaimed in our family,
in our marriage,
in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment