Monday, May 28, 2012

Luck, Karma, Coincidence, or Predestination?


Some people believe in luck.
Others believe in the karma.
Still, others believe in sheer coincidence.
I believe that everything has been predestined from before the creation of the universe.

Most people know the verse from Jeremiah 29:11:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord...

Here is a very small sampling of others that lead me to believe this:

"He carries out His decree against me, and many such plans He still has in store."
Job 23:14
"The LORD works out everything to its proper end- even the wicked for a day of disaster."
Proverbs 16:4
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified."
Romans 8:28-30

"For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will- to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment- to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. In him we were also chose, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of His glory."
Ephesians 1:4-12

I could mention probably over a hundred more verses, but these are ones that stand out to me that direct how I live my life. You see, I don't believe that people are lucky. I don't believe in karma going and coming. And I don't believe in sheer coincidence. 

I believe that God has a PERFECT plan that He created before He even started to create the universe that included me! He is that GREAT, MIGHTY, and POWERFUL of a God!

I believe that He knew we would suffer the deep hurt of infertility, and the amazing joy of adoption, and is always ready for me to take the next step to follow Him so He can guide and direct me; as He does state that "His word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

So it is with all of these beliefs and faith that we put our trust into Him!
On Friday our profile book was sent off to a family to look over. While there is excitement there that we are being shown, there is great comfort in the fact that God already knows if we are to be the perfect parents for this child or not. He has already predestined our future for us and therefore, why be anxious about it? We know that great things are to come if we will just trust in Him. So it is with great excitement that we continue to run this race He has laid before us with great anticipation for what comes next.
As for now, we will continue praying for our birth parents, somewhere out there...that they have peace that transcends all understanding, knowing that our God is in full control!

No comments:

Post a Comment