Saturday, May 12, 2012

Bittersweet


This morning as my house is still asleep and I sit here with a cup of hot tea and write, I am reminded that this is the last morning my son will be in our house for 3 long months. In about an hour, the rest of the house will wake up and start getting showered and packed for our weekend. Kiir reports for duty at Highland Lakes Camp on the Rec Team tomorrow night at 6pm.


As a former camp employee, I am so excited about his opportunity to do this, but I am so sad as a mom that he will be gone for the summer! I can't wait to hear stories about the other three college guys he will be rooming with, the fun things they do after all the campers are gone, and the service projects they will be taking part of with the homeless in Austin by feeding and ministering to them. I hope he realizes the impact he will make on others, just like he leaves an incredible impact on everyone he comes into contact with.

I am so blessed to have a son that understands God's grace and shares it with everyone around him. He truly is a Christian that loves all people and inspires me to live the same way. So it is with great sorrow and joy that I hug him goodbye on Mother's Day and pray for him and his Spiritual growth over the next 90ish days.

Of course I do get to pick him up next weekend and drive him down to Houston for the day to attend a girl's (that's only a friend of course...lol) graduation party. I'm looking forward to those 6 hours in a car together to soak up everything I can pull out of him about the previous week (just like every mom with a teenage son right?)! 

Until then, we will enjoy our fun weekend getaway in San Antonio as we hang out one last time as a family of 3 before mid-August. And who knows...by then, we could be a family of 4! Oh happy day!

For now, it's time for...

No comments:

Post a Comment