Monday, December 20, 2010

Anticipation

For most "soon to be" parents, I would assume they anticipate the day that they would get their first sonogram, followed by the day that the labor pains begin and they are rushing off to the hospital to deliver their first born child. For us, this anticipation took a different form. We anticipated our adoption agency picking out a child for us, followed by getting to read a short paragraph about him. Then we would get to meet him, shake his hand, hug him. Next he would get to decide if he wanted us as parents and then move in. After a few months of getting to know each other and bond, we would get to go before a judge and become his parents. That day is tomorrow.

Tomorrow we will get to show Kiir how much we love him, care about him and want to be there for him for the rest of his life. Today he and I got to spend a lot of time just hanging out together. I asked him what he was looking forward to most and he said "getting to go out to eat afterward." I then asked what he was not looking forward to and he said "having to see a judge and wearing a tie and suit." It must be such an odd thing getting new parents at the age of 17. I can't imagine all of the things he might be thinking. However, I do know that he is happy about tomorrow and that makes me smile. At 8:30am, we will get to tell a judge that we want to be Kiir's parents and after about 15 minutes, it will be official. That must be the shortest labor pains in history! Hahaha

I am so excited, I honestly do not know how well I will sleep tonight! As I type I'm drinking a cup of mint tea to help me relax, but I don't think it's working. However, it's getting late and I better head that way. So, good night, sweet dreams and I'll post about tomorrow and for the first time, get to upload pictures so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. So very excited for you, Shellie! Can't wait to hear how it goes today!

    ReplyDelete