Friday, September 26, 2014

Family on Mission - Part 5 - It's Official!

As of this week, we are fully funded for our family to go on this trip!!!

I was so grateful to get that text message. But secretly, I was not shocked. About 2 months ago, I went into full panic that we would have to come up with the money ourselves and I had no idea where that would come from. Kelly and I prayed about it and felt such peace that the Lord would provide every last dime. So when I was told that we had some donations come in and we are not only fully funded but had a little extra to cover our meals we thought we would have to pay out of pocket for, I hate to say it, but as excited as I was, deep down in my heart I knew the Lord would provide. He always has and He always will!

I am so thankful for those that were obedient to the Spirit and gave towards this trip. I pray that you are extraordinarily blessed! I am grateful to walk this narrow path with you all. We love you!

- - -

So now it's really official...

We leave in exactly one week
Only seven days from today
This is really happening!

Next Friday we will board a plane to East Asia and will return 10 days later.

Look at this picture!
Isn't it beautiful!
It was taken by a team member last year on the trip.


I can't stop looking at it.
I'm mesmerized by sunrises and sunsets.

But as I look upon this picture, a particular verse keeps playing over and over in my head:

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." 
- Matthew 5:14-16

This is our prayer for the trip.
To let our light shine before the people we meet. That they would see how we love God first, and love others second. Really love others. With the same passion that we love God. Radically life changing kind of love! And that kind of love makes us live our lives in a completely different way. A way that is foreign for them to understand.

We love them enough to come meet them.
We love them enough to (really) listen to them about their families 
and stories about their childhood and life.
We love them enough to share our most precious assets - our own children with them!
We love them because we share the same Creator! He loved us enough to create us. We must love Him enough to share with those that do not know.

One thing that keeps playing in my head is that I could have been born there. I don't know why God made me a white girl with believing parents in a good family with a great marriage and fabulous children living in a place where I have little fear and lots of privilege. 

Why was I not born there?
Why do I not suffer daily as they do?
Why them and not me?

But if I was, I would be desperate for someone to help me in my hopelessness. I would hope that someone would love me enough to show me God's love!

"Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD."
-Psalm 4:6

"I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."
-Acts 13:47

May we be a light.

- - -

So what can you do now?

PRAY!

Please pray for our team.
Safety
Unity
Jetlag
Peace
Opportunities
That we would be slow to speak and quick to listen.
That we would open doors for others to walk through after we leave.

Pray for the three couples going, that we would show Christ's servant love through our marriages.

Pray for Kelly and I to love our kids as Christ loved the world, selflessly.

Pray for all of us that our actions, words, and how we love them and each other leave so many questions when we leave that can only be explained through Christ's love.

Pray against any evil plans.
Specifically, please pray against nightmares, mental infiltrations, and fear.
That the Lord and His army of angels would protect us and keep us safe.

But most importantly,
please pray that we would boldly and courageously LOVE them as Christ loves us.

We love you and can't wait to share what our Father did and is doing when we return!


No comments:

Post a Comment